Strategies for relating to the functions of SC/ST/OBC Cell
The SC/ST/OBC Cell addresses academic and non-academic issues and complaints of students/Faculty / Staff members from reserved categories. The Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education strives to maintain an environment where all communities can participate in academic and research activities without any sort of discrimination with respect to caste or creed. In order to maintain such an atmosphere, the SC/ST/OBC Cell is responsible for sensitizing the campus community about the importance of having diversity.
The cell is where any complaints about discrimination and/or harassment are to be brought up. We encourage victims to feel free to contact authorized person for the same. The cell strives to ensure that anonymity is maintained throughout the investigation.
University Level SC/ST/OBC Cell:
The University has constituted SC/ST/OBC cell at University level as well as all the institutions are also having separate institutional SC/ST/OBC Cells. The University SC/ST/OBC cell is headed by The Chairman (Vice-Chancellor) along with other members represented by various Institutes and departments and Registrar as Member Secretary of the Cell.
Composition of the Committee at University Level
|2||The Principal, SSMC||Member|
|3||The Principal, SSDC||Member|
|4||The Principal, SSIT||Member|
|5||Three Professor / Associate Professor from the constituent colleges belongs to SC Category||Member/s|
|6||Three Professor/Associate Professor from the constituent colleges belongs to ST Category||Member/s|
|7||Three Professor/Associate Professor from the constituent colleges belongs to OBC Category||Member/s|
Institute Level SC/ST/OBC Cell:
Every Institute is having its own SC/ST/OBC cell to address any student/faculty/staff grievance. Institute level cell is headed by Head of the Institution (Dean/Principal). Students/Faculty/Staff members are requested to lodge their complaint / grievance to their respective Principal/Dean of the Institute.
If aggrieved upon decision of Institutional SC/ST/OBC cell, they may further contact to the member secretary of University Level SC/ST/OBC Cell.
Functions of the SC/ST/OBC Cell:
- To circulate Government of India and Commission’s decisions and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes in the Universities and Colleges for different courses, in forms prescribed, by a stipulated date, and to take follow up action, where required.
- To circulate Government of India orders and Commission’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointment, training of these communities in teaching and non-teaching posts in the Universities and Colleges, in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action where required.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policy by the Commission.
- To analyze the information collected above and prepare reports and direct for onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development/University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To deal with representations received from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in Universities/Colleges.
- To monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme, if approved in the affiliated colleges and university.
- To function of Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST/OBC students and employees of the university and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- To maintain a register for employment of SCs/STs/OBCs in the University and Colleges for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC communities for various posts in the university/colleges.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these communities suffering economic, social and education deprivations.
Frequency of Meetings: The Committee will meet on an as needed basis