The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes for every accredited institution to have an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to periodically assess and suggest measures to upgrade the quality in the overall performance of an academic institution. With this objective in mind Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education has formed an IQAC to ensure continuous quality enhancement and sustenance in its academic as well administrative activities. As quality improvement is a continuous process, the IQAC has been playing a vital role in the post-accreditation phase of Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education as it is committed to achieve academic excellence.
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in the year 2015 as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. The Cell comprises of different committees to assess, monitor, and advise on different quality aspects of the overall functioning of the Academy.
Objectives. The primary aims of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To disseminate of information relating to various quality parameters for improving institutional performance
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Functions. Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of intra and inter institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through Management Information System (MIS) for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
Facilitate / Contribute.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Academy;
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The role of the Coordinator.
The role of the coordinator of the IQAC is crucial in ensuring the effective functioning of all the members. The coordinator of the IQAC may be a senior/competent person with experience and exposure in quality aspects. She/he may be a full-time functionary or, to start with, she/he may be a senior academic /administrator entrusted with the IQAC as an additional responsibility. Secretarial assistance may be facilitated by the administration. It is essential that the coordinator may have sound knowledge about the computer, data management and its various functions such as usage for effective communication.
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education is committed to provide qualitative, diversified and socially relevant education to all its students with their varied talents and capabilities. It helps the students who come into the ambit of the Academy environment, to realize their potential by catering to their needs and rendering all necessary support. The Academy always strives to improve and sustain the quality of the academic programmes as well as the core student activities. The Academy endeavors to provide equal opportunities to each and every student without any discrimination. The prime aim of the Academy is to see that every student has equal access to competent, and qualitative teaching which leads to vibrant academic, social and personal growth on the campus and off the campus. The Academy seeks the cooperation of the student community to maintain a conducive academic environment and to enrich the Academy community life.
Responsibilities towards its students.
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, one of the most reputed Universities (Academy) in Karnataka, aims to provide the students;
- A congenial environment to ensure welfare, health, safety and quality social life,
- A comprehensive and suitable system of support services.
- A continuous and objective evaluation of the students and also student evaluation of the teachers.
- Transparent admission procedures while seeking admission into different courses.
- An opportunity to participate in the decision-making process by being nominated as members of the Board of Management.
- Adequate opportunity to represent their issues in the Board of Management of the Academy.
- Timely conduct of examinations and declaration of results as per schedule.
- Efficient, objective and accessible administrative practices.
- Access to necessary training to use modern technologies of learning.
- Opportunities to pursue further studies vertically and horizontally.
- Late evening-access to the Academy Library
- Opportunity to participate throughout the year in literary, cultural and sports programmes.
- A well conceived and effective complaint redressal mechanism.
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education seeks student cooperation and requests the students to help in achieving the set goals and upholding the rich traditions and values of the Academy. The students of the Academy are expected to:
- Appreciate the Academy goals and objectives and contribute to their realization by participating in relevant institutional activities:
- Have a clear knowledge of the programmes, admission policies, rules and regulations of the Academy.
- Understand the teaching, learning strategies and evaluation systems of the Academy.
- Follow the time schedules, rules and regulations of the Academy.
- Undertake regular and intense study of learning materials.
- Make optimum use of the learning resources and other support services available in the Academy.
- Prepare for continuous internal assignments and term end examinations
- Give feedback for system improvement
Submission of AQAR
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, is Accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC need to submit an Annual self-reviewed progress report i.e. Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC, through its IQAC. The report is to detail the tangible results achieved in key areas, specifically identified by the IQAC at the beginning of the Academic year. The AQAR period would be the Academic Year.
Address for Correspondence
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) / NAAC Cell,
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education,
Agalakote, B.H. Road,
Tumkur – 572107, Karnataka.
Dr. Swamy R.M
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC),