Tumkur is one of the 07 Smart cities in Karnataka taken up under Smart City Mission. The Climatic condition is pleasant & comfortable throughout the year. Tumkur District is the second largest district in the state of Karnataka.
Tumkur is emerging as a knowledge centre and houses premier professional educational institutions. It is known for the production of coconuts called as “Kalpataru Naadu”, “Gnana Beedu”. Tumkur is located at 13.34°N 77.1°E. It has an average elevation of 822 meters (2696 feet). It is a one-and-a-half-hour drive (70 km) from Bengaluru, the capital of Karnataka. Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education is situated in Tumkur in the picturesque town.
- Total: 48.60 km2 (18.76 sq. mi)
- Elevation: 822 m (2,697 ft)
- Total: 305,821
- Density: 6,300/km2 (16,000/sq. mi)
Time Zone & Language
- Time zone: IST (UTC+5:30)
- Official language: Kannada
Distance from SSAHE, Tumkur
- Tumkur City Bus Stand – 6 KM
- Tumkur Railway Station – 6KM
- Ring Road – 2 KM
- Bangalore International Airport – 96 KM
- Bangalore City – 70 KM
- Map for 13°20'43.0"N 77°03'23.5"E