Dr. G. Parameshwara
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education
(Deemed to be University)
Tumkur, Karnataka, India,
Dr. Parameshwara, born on 6th August 1951, completed his B.Sc (Agri) Graduation in the year 1975 and Post Graduation M.Sc (Agri) in the year 1978 at University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS) Bangalore, Karnataka.
He went on to obtain Doctor of Philosophy from Waite Agricultural Research Institute, University of Adelaide, Australia in 1984.
Dr. Parameshwara was Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka and Minister of Home Affairs and (2018-19). He was instrumental in establishing the Tumkur University.
He had earlier served as a Minister for Sericulture (1993-94), as a Minister for Higher Education, Medical Education, Science and Technology, Information and Publicity (1999-2004) and as Minister for Home (2015-2017) and leader of the House of Karnataka Legislative Council.
Congress Organizational Contribution
Smt. Sonia Gandhi recognized Dr.Parameshwara capabilities and appointed him as special Invitee to the Congress Working Committee. He went on to serve as a KPCC, President for the longest period and also as Chairman of the KPCC Campaign Committee, as its Vice President and as a General Secretary earlier.
He has been elected to the Karnataka Assembly five times. He represented Madhugiri Assembly Constituency in the year 1989, 1999 and 2004 and after delimitation, represented the Koratagere Assembly Constituency in 2008. He was MLC between 2016-2017. He is currently a Member of Legislative Assembly from Koratagere Constituency. He has built a broad base of supporters from across all communities.
As an educationist Dr.Parameshwara oversees the Deemed University consisting of Medical, Dental and Engineering Colleges and several Schools which are part of Siddhartha Group of Institutions in Tumkur, that provides affordable and quality education to thousands of Poor and rural students.
- Former Member, Board of Regent, University of Agriculture Science, Bangalore
- Secretary, Sri Siddhartha Education Trust, Siddharthanagar, Tumkur
- Ex-Chairman, Karnataka Science & Technology Board, Tumkur
- Former Member, Karnataka Library Authority
- Former Member, Committee on Open University
- Former Member, Price Fixation Committee on Agriculture.
Appointments and fellowships
- Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Home Minister of Karnataka
- Leader of the House of Karnataka Legislative Council.
- President, KPCC
- President, Karnataka Athletics Association
- Member, Board of Regent, University of Agriculture Science, Bangalore
- Secretary, Sri Siddhartha Education Society.
- Chairman, Karnataka Science & Technology Board, Tumkur
- Member, Karnataka Library Authority
- Member, Committee on Open University
- Member, Price Fixation Committee on Agriculture
- Member, Australian Society of Plant Physiology
- Member, Indian Society of Plant Physiology
- Member, Indian Society of Agricultural Science
- Fellow of the Indian Institute of Agricultural Technologists
- Fellow of the Indian Society of Technical Education
- Karnataka Game Changer Award 2017.(U. K. Karnataka Business Chamber)
- National Unity Award in 1993.
- Distinguished Leadership Award.