Rules & Regulations of the Academy Library(s)
In General Rules
The Library is the BRAIN of the Academy and it plays an indispensable role in accomplishing its aims. In order to perform its functions to the satisfaction of students and staff members it needs their understanding and cooperation. The following rules of conduct are meant to spell out in practical terms what we consider as the rules of the Academy Library.
- Students or staff members must sign in and sign out at the librarians’ desk when entering or exiting the library.
- Observe silence. Idle conversation, loud laughter and other unnecessary noise disturbs other library users and therefore should be avoided. Talking out of necessity must be done in subdued tones. The library atmosphere must be conducive for studying or referencing.
- Keep the library clean. Do not litter tables with any waste and paper scraps. Use the trash baskets provided for the purpose.
- Eating, drinking and sleeping in the library shall not be allowed.
- Keep things in order. When you leave arrange/clear your table. Put your chair against the table and avoid obstruction of movement by other users.
- Return all newspapers, magazines and other materials (usually located on the central operational table) back to where they were collected from.
- Handle both books and other library materials with care. They are intended to serve a great many users after you.
- Briefcases, bags, overcoats, hats, umbrellas, etc, are not allowed in the library.
- All persons leaving the library must show all their documents to the Security staff at exit.
- Stealing or attempting to steal a library document or any of the library property is an offense. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the offender
- The library will not take responsibility for loss or damage of personal property left in the reading and baggage areas
- Mobile phones and other devices likely to cause disturbances should not be used in the library unless their use is silent.
- Ink bottles, paints etc, which may accidentally damage library materials are not allowed into the library.
- Damage of library materials, equipment, property, or building is prohibited and must be reported immediately to a member of library staff. Those responsible must pay for the damage.
- The Library reserves the right to ask any person to stop using computer equipment if the library staff has reasonable grounds to believe that that person is misusing it.
- Computers are provided for the purpose of research and other educational endeavors. Misuse of the facilities e.g. game playing, e-trade, hacking, change of PC or Network settings is prohibited.
Academy I.D. Cards
- Only students and staff with the Academy I.D card shall be allowed in the library. Where a student or staff is yet to be issued with such a card, a written authorization in the daily admin work done or the operational books of the library shall be obtained from the Academy.
- All I.D cards shall be properly counter–signed by authorized staff and shall be laminated. Such cards shall not be transferable by students or staff members. All library assets taken out or used within the library through such cards shall make the owner liable for any inappropriate handling. Such cards shall be submitted to librarians each day before library use by both students and staff members. They shall also be collectible when exiting the library. Torn, dirty or mutilated cards shall be rejected and shall not be honored until replaced by the Academy.
Library Official Hours
- The library services are available during the working hours : regular days (09.00 am to 08.00 pm) during examination days 9 am to 9 pm during examination 24 hrs and on holidays 9 am to 1 pm
- It shall be opened on Sunday for cleaning and arranging of its assets only. Specifically, no borrowing, reading or referencing shall take place on Sunday by students or staff members.
- During daily lunch periods it shall be closed but college/institution Academic group shall create a Press Room mode outside the library ( in one of the special rooms) for reading of newspapers, magazines etc. by students and staff members.
- Between 9:00am and 9:00pm daily librarians shall use their discretion to keep the library opened or closed in accordance to any inconvenience experienced by students or staff members.
Group Library Usage /Academic Periods
- No teacher, Management Staff or the Academic Group shall be allowed to send students or classes of students to the library for “study” or “research/reference” purposes as replacement for regular or remedial periods.
- Where tutors or the Academic Group require that a class be engaged in group/class research in the library notice shall be given in advance through the Academy/College / Institution requisition file or Academic Work Done at least 24 hours prior to the event . The Librarians shall also be informed about the requisition made. Once approved, the use of the library by other students and staff shall be blocked by Librarians for the class during the period covered by such a request.
- The library personnel are empowered to enforce the rules and regulations of the library as stated herein. They shall be accorded the courtesy and respect they deserve. The rules and regulations they enforce are not their own but those of the Academy. They are permitted to report any uncooperative student or staff to Academy.
- No violation of any of these regulations by students or staff members shall lead to an exclusion or forgiveness on a plea of ignorance.
Defense of Assets / Felonious Usage
- No bag, envelope, briefcase or any sort of container (nylon or otherwise) shall be allowed in the library. If deposited anywhere outside the library it shall not be the responsibility of the Librarians for any loss of valuables or disappearance.
- Every library user shall subject himself or herself to a personal search on the request of any Librarian.
- No felonious borrower or user shall be allowed to use the library and its resources unless he/she has settled all debts due to the library for materials, lost, defaced, damaged, torn, etc.
- Any person who willfully or maliciously tear, deface, injure or destroy any print or non- print materials or carry away with intent to convert to his or her personal use any of the library collections and assets shall be punished by suspension or expulsion by the school as the case may be or by a fine exceeding the current price of the library asset in question and shall be recommended by the Librarians to the Authorities of the Academy for final disciplinary action.
- A lost book must be reported immediately to the Librarians, and in the case of students, parents too. The student or staff responsible for the loss shall be expected to replace the lost book with a new one or pay an equivalent sum for a new acquisition within 7 days of such a report being made.
Rules and Regulations Governing The use of Laptops to Access The Library Wireless Network.
- Laptops should only be used in designated areas.
- Users of Laptops must maintain order and avoid distracting other users.
- The Academy Library accepts no responsibility for loss of laptop, data or software therein
- Laptops can be used to access the Library wireless facility but must not be directly connected to the Academy Campus network, Library computers or any other device without prior approval.
- Access must only be for purposes declared which are in line with the users’ academic, research and/or learning programs of the Academy.
- Users should not use laptops to access e-mail, play games, watching movies, play music, etc.
- If any abuse/non compliance is discovered/detected, the connection privileges will be terminated with immediate effect and disciplinary action taken.
- Library has ensured access to very large number of computer stations and study spaces provided online and internet services (wi-fi) to the faculty, research scholars, and students.
- The Departments and library reading areas have wi-fi connectivity. Students having laptop browse in lounge areas of the library. The library has 110 mbps band width exists for internet and intranet
- All other Library rules and regulations apply.
- Borrowing is restricted to registered members.
- Library members are responsible for loss or damage of library materials in their possession. They will be required to pay for the loss or damage at a cost to be determined.
- Library materials are not to be taken out of the library unless they are properly issued.
- Marking, defacing or mutilation of any library material is prohibited.
- Most books in the library may be borrowed but Reference books, Journals, etc, may only be taken out of the library with authority of the relevant Head Librarian.
- Loaned items may not be transferred from one borrower to another but must be returned to the library for re-issuing.
- The Academy / College / Institution ID must be produced when borrowing and returning library items.
Registered members can borrow materials as indicated:
- Academic staff: 10 items
- Post-Graduates: 10 items
- Research Scholars : 15 items
- Undergraduates: 7 items
- Staff Grades A-C: 4 items
Registered members are allowed to keep borrowed items for the period indicated below
- Academic Staff: 4 weeks
- Postgraduates: 4 weeks
- Research Scholars : 5 weeks
- Undergraduates: 2 weeks
- Staff Grades A-C : 2 weeks
- Borrowed Library materials not returned after the due-date attract fines
- Borrowing rights may be withdrawn from persons who persistently keep library materials overdue.
- Fines of `.2/- for each subsequent day will be charged for books returned late on long loan.
- Fines of `.5/- for each subsequent hour will be charged for books returned late from Short Loan.
All registered members of the library must clear with the Academy Library at the expiry of their membership.
|Sri Siddhartha Medical College
||Smt. Gayathri K R
E-mail : email@example.com
|Sri Siddhartha Dental College
||Sri. A.S Parvatharaju
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology
||Smt. M.H. Mallika
For more details : http://ssit.edu.in/portfolio/central-library/